The Wyoming Primary Care Association (WYPCA) is working to expand the availability of high quality, affordable health care services throughout Wyoming. The WYPCA collaborates with both medical and non-medical organizations to achieve access to health care for all Wyoming residents in an effort to build healthier communities.
This counter provides an up-to-the-minute total of dollars foregone by the state since January 1, 2014.
The State of Wyoming’s decision against expanding Medicaid to cover more residents is costing the state economy millions of dollars each month.
The counter is a conservative estimate of the dollars lost. It uses data from the September 2012 report completed by Milliman, Inc. for the Wyoming Department of Health.
Milliman’s analysis suggested a wide range in the number of possible enrollees. The Wyoming Department of Health picked a number inside that range and has said it expects that about 17,600 people would enroll for coverage under the expansion.
You can view the Milliman Report here: http://www.health.wyo.gov/Media.aspx?mediaId=12891
• Training and Technical Assistance Opportunities and Resources
• Quality Improvement Initiative
• Grant Writing Services and Assistance
• Marketing of Wyoming Health Centers
• Comprehensive Health Center Assessments
• Accreditation and Patient Centered Medical Home Recognition Resources and Assistance
• Recruitment and Retention Assistance and Support